Citizens Implementation Committee Project Team
This team has been tasked with formulating a new policy for the Town that will place greater importance on non-motorized transportation; it is in keeping with Goal 20 of the Comprehensive Plan:
“Embrace ‘Complete Streetscapes’ for all users.”
The team has turned to both national Complete Streets organizations as well as other municipalities in Upstate NY for guidance in developing the Town's own policy. See links on this page for more information on the National Complete Streets Coalition and their Local Policy Workbook.
When completed, it is the intent that the adopted policy will prioritize the needs and safety of pedestrians, cyclists, and users of wheeled devices (wheelchairs, scooters, etc.) when considering new development projects and also when performing any maintenance activities on existing Town roads (such as resurfacing, striping, and road widening). This team will help to guide Town decisions regarding walkways, multi-use trails, and sidewalks.
- Feb 2017 - Team established
- Mar - May 2017 - Prepare draft Complete Streets policy
- June 2017 - Refer draft policy to CIC and Planning Board for review
- July 2017 - Town Board holds public hearing for draft Complete Streets Policy
- Aug 2017 - Town Board adopts Complete Streets Policy