Click "Details" below for updates regarding COVID-19 and Town Operations
Town Hall, Highway Facilities, and Playgrounds are closed, please use email to contact staff  Details

Preserve New York

A Grant Program through the Preservation League of New York

 

The Town of Canandaigua Local History Team was awarded with a Preserve New York grant from the Preservation League of New York State in September 2018.

With the approval of the Town Board, the Town's Local History Team procured the services of BERO Architecture of Rochester, to prepare a reconnaissance level historical survey of the Town of Canandaigua. 

The project has been broken down into two phases, with the grant award providing funding for Phase 1. The grant award of $8,192 covers 80% of Phase 1 with the Town paying for the remaining 20%. The Town will apply for a second grant for Phase 2 in the spring of 2020. Total project cost breakdown is shown below. Note that the information for Phase 2 is only for reference. No grant award has been provided for Phase 2 and no plans are in place to begin at this time. 

Project Cost breakdown

Project Phase Total Cost Grant Award

Cost to Town

Phase 1 $10,240 $8,192 $2,048
Phase 2 (if funded) $14,700 ($11,760) ($2,940)
Totals $24,940 ($19,952) ($4,988)

 


Phase 1

  • Draft Report - 50% complete
  • Final Report - (expected in June 2019)
  • Public Presentation - August 20, 2019 @ the Cheshire Volunteer Fire Department
 


Be Informed! Click here to receive town news, information, and updates via email.