Development Permits and Approvals
A site development permit and a building permit are required for any new building or any addition or alteration that affects the structural design of the building or its mechanical, electrical, or plumbing system. These permits are also required for any change in use of land or existing building.
These permits are legal documents that grant permission to construct or alter a building or other structure in accordance with approved drawings and specifications. Permits help assure that the construction meets all safety standards of the New York State Fire Prevention and Building Code and the Town of Canandaigua code. Many repairs may not require a permit, such as siding, flooring, replacement of windows, etc. Check with the Development Office by calling 394-1120, ext. 2246, or send an email to email@example.com.
- Please do not send payment for building permits until after permit is approved. The invoice will be in your Cloudpermit application workspace after the review is finished.
- NO permits shall be issued without proof of insurace attached in Cloudpermit workspace (see Insurance Requirements)
- Please allow at least 5-10 business days for your permit to be issued - if no Board approval is required.
- If Board approval is required from either the Planning Board, Zoning Board, or both, then all applications are due on the first business day of the month no later than 12:00pm. There will be no exceptions to this rule as the Town has internal reviews and processes that take time to complete prior to the board meetings.
- See board calendar above for deadline dates and meeting dates. Payment for applicatin is required prior to the PRC meeting (see board calendar).
CLICK BELOW to fill out an application for planning, zoning, building/site development permits, or Short Term Rental permits. New to Cloudpermit? Click below to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and GET STARTED!
Forms to use with your CloudPermit Application
These are to be used in conjunction with a Cloudpermit application.
Easement and Dedication Forms to be proposed (please uploaded completed form to Cloud Permit)
TOWN BOARD APPLICATIONS (these can be found in Cloudpermit)
SHORT TERM RENTAL APPLICATION
Short-Term Rental Permit applications are in Cloudpermit. A permit is required for all short term rental operations.
See Short Term Rental information page for details.
The fee is $900 and the permit must be renewed every three years. All applications are submitted through Cloudpermit. Click below to get started. The Short Term Rental application is in the Building Permit module.
To find information about a particular property including tax map numbers, acreage, zoning information, and more, please follow the link below to access Ontario County’s publicly available online property mapping software program called OnCor: http://www.co.ontario.ny.us/714/OnCor. Once there, scroll down and click on “OnCor Property App.” The software will allow searches by address or tax map number and also by the location on the map.