Welcome to the Assessor's Office
This fall the Town will be continuing updating our property records. We will be driving the streets and getting current photographs of houses from the street. If you see the town vehicle (Silver Ford Escape) moving slowly through your neighborhood don’t be surprised. We will not be entering your property or knocking at the door, simply getting a picture from the street.
The Assessor will:
- Set up an appointment to meet anyone who is not physically able to come to the Town Office to complete required forms.
- Calculate the assessed value (or market value) of homes within the Town of Canandaigua
- Provide the following publicly available information about a property upon request:
- Owner's name(s)(current and previous)
- Assessed value of home
- Year Built
- Last sale price
- Review eligibility for and provide information about tax exemptions such as:
Assessment Department Overview
Check out this short video explaining property taxes and the role of the Assessor's Office.