Short Term Rentals
Regulations and Permit Requirements
Homeowners may only operate a short term rental in the Town of Canandaigua with a valid, unexpired short term rental permit in compliance with the short term rental regulations in Town Code.
Short Term Rental regulations in the Town of Canandaigua
- § 220-9.1 Short-term rentals (May 15, 2023)
Short Term Rental Permit Applications
- Short term rental permit applications are available on Cloudpermit on the building permit module. See Permit Applications page on Town website for Cloudpermit tips and instructions. (Please note, a completed application does not guarantee a permit will be issued)
- Examples of insurance certificates required to accompany each application
- Permit terms and fees
- No pre-payment will be accepted with a permit application. The Town will notify applicants if and when a permit is ready to be issued.
- Permits are valid for three years from the date of issuance.
- Permit fees are $900 and payable only after applicant has been notified that a permit is ready to be issued. If a homeowner operates multiple short term rentals, each unit requires a separate permit application, permit, and fee.