Special Events Committee
The Special Events Committee is made up entirely of volunteers from our community and plans several family friendly events throughout the year celebrating the Town's heritage, recreational opportunities, Town history and culture, and past accomplishments. You can contact the committee at right (or scroll below if on a mobile device). Events are usually FREE and are always open to the public and are posted on the Town website, the calendar, the Town Facebook page, and sent out to our email list through MailChimp. Don't get Town emails? Sign up to receive them HERE.
Past events have included:
- Miller Park Ribbon Cutting - celebrating the completion and grand opening of Miller Park
- Onanda Park 30th anniversary celebration - an evening celebrating the history of Onanda Park as a women's and children's camp in the early 1900s and then as a Town of Canandaigua park begining in 1989.
- Halloween at Onanda - an annual family friendly event; attractions have included trick-or-treating at the park cabins with Town departments and area non-profit organizations, aerial adventure climbing with Bristol Mountain, bubbles, a costume contest and more.
- Canandaigua July 4th parade float coordination - the Town has won an award for its float entry in the annual holiday parade four years in a row.
- Community Square Dancing - with a caller and refreshments. Held at various locations.
- Outdoor movie night at Outhouse Park - the first was in August 2019 and drew over 250 people of all ages to enjoy bounce houses, food vendors, and a showing of a family friendly movie at dusk.
- Ribbon cutting events - Town highway facility, Miller Park, etc.
Oksana Fuller, Chair (email Oksana)
Karen Parkhurst (Parks Liaison)