Job of the Assessor
The assessor values property in the Town and adminsters appropriate exemptions. We do not set taxes or tax rates.
The STAR program is now a personal income tax credit for new homeowners and owners that did not previously have the STAR exemption.
A SENIOR Exemption is available for residents 65+ with a total household income of less than $29,900, including all Social Security payments. The form RP-467 can be downloaded below. For instructions, download RP-467-INS.
To download the following exemption forms:
- Enhanced STAR from Basic STAR
- Income Verification Program (RP-425-IVP)
- Alternative Veterans Exemption* (RP-458a)
- Cold War Veterans Exemption** (RP-458b)
- Senior Citizens Exemption (RP-467)
- Senior Citizens Exemption Renewal Form (RP-467-Rnw)
(this form is to be used if you have applied for the Senior Citizens exemption in previous years)
- Agricultural Assessment Exemption (RP-305)
- Agricultural Assessment Exemption Renewal (RP-305-Rnw)
*The Alternative exemption provides a property tax exemption to veterans who served during wartime and to those who served in a combat zone.
**Cold war is defined by law as veterans who serve on active duty (exclusive of training) in the United States armed forces between September 2, 1945 and December 26, 1991, and who are not currently receiving either the eligible funds or alternative veterans' exemption.
For questions on tax policies and exemptions, click here.