Are you looking to obtain a marriage license in the State of New York? You can apply for a marriage license at any muncipal clerk's office in New York State. The following information shall be provided to the municipal clerk at the time of appliation:
- Both parties must be present to apply for the marriage license
- Both parties must be at least 18 years of age (if under the age of 18, a consent form must be signed and notarized by both parents of the individual who is under the age of 18 -- click here to view NYS information)
- Original birth certificates with a raised seal
- Photo identification -- driver's license or a passport is acceptable
- Social security number
- If previously married, original divorce degree(s) or original annulment papers signed by a judge must be presented for each marriage ending in a divorce
- If previously married and the spouse is now deceased, an original copy with a raised seal of the death certificate must be presented
The license must be applied for a minimum of 24 hours prior to the ceremony and is valid for 60 days.
The license application process takes up to 30 minutes. Applicants are requested to arrive at the Town Clerk's office a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the close of the business day.