Highway Work Permit


The Town of Canandaigua Highway Superintendent is responsible for all roads within the town. In order to ensure that work done within the roadway meets the standards and policies of public safety and highway laws and regulations, a highway work permit is required.

Who needs a highway work permit?

Anyone who plans to do work within the town roadway, including the right of way, must obtain a permit. Some typical examples of this work would be driveway installations or improvements, landscaping and planting, drainage work, sign installation, land development, and various utility installation or maintenance work.

Click Here for a Highway Work Permit Application.

Applications should be returned to:

Town of Canandaigua - Highway Department  

5440 Routes 5 & 20 West

Canandaigua, NY 14424.


Questions? Please call the Highway Department directly at (585) 394-3300.


For Planning, Zoning, or additional permit applications, click here or visit the Development Office’s Department Page.  


Be Informed! Click here to receive town news, information, and updates via email.